Stay updated on the latest news, official updates and other topics of interest to global citizens.
How Can You Invest in Cyprus Citizenship?
May 8, 2017 - Cyprus
The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Program allows some of the greatest freedom in choosing an investment channel that make the most sense for your needs.
To qualify for Cypriot citizenship by investment, you are free to choose from a wide range of options. You can:
- Invest in one or more Residential Properties worth €2 million – this can be in existing property or projects with permission to be developed. There is no requirement for acquiring private residence of €500,000 under this option.
- Invest in one or more Commercial Properties worth €2 million this can be in existing property or projects with permission to be developed.
- Purchase shares or create or participate in a Cypriot business(es) or company(ies) worth €2 million with substantial activities and physical presence in Cyprus.
- Invest in funds, financial assets of Cypriot businesses or organizations worth €2 million with substantial activities and physical presence in Cyprus.
- Hold government bonds (limited within the portfolio of assets to €500,000 – the balance €1.5 million must be invested in other assets).
- Combination of the above options worth €2 million.
- You must own a private residence in Cyprus that has been purchased for at least €500,000. If the investment is made in residential property(ies) this requirement is not applicable.
- The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program is highly desirable as it does not include any form of donation to the Cyprus government – all contributions to the program are in the form of investments that need to be kept for a minimum period of 3 years.
Precisely, the program also states that a property of minimum value of €500,000 must be kept as a private residence indefinitely or if sold must be replaced with property of equal or higher value.
Want to know if you can rent out your property in Cyprus after purchase?
Are you wondering how your residency status affects the tax you would pay on global income or rental income generated within Cyprus?
We will be exploring these topics in upcoming blogs on passpro.co . You can also contact us on +971 4 554 1449 / email@example.com and our knowledgeable consultants will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Cyprus Citizenship by Investment can be acquired in as little as 6 months. As a Cyprus citizen you can freely live and work anywhere in the EU and enjoy visa-free travel or visa on arrival to 80% of the world. For further updates, follow PassPro Immigration Services on LinkedIn, Twitter @PassProNews, Instagram @PassProCitizenship or Facebook/PassProCitizenship