Stay updated on the latest news, official updates and other topics of interest to global citizens.
Change in Fees for Antigua Citizenship Program Increases Attractiveness to Families
August 24, 2017 - Antigua and Barbuda
The Antigua Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) has announced a reduction in its processing fees that are expected to make the nation’s Citizenship By Investment Program even more attractive to larger families.
According to an official announcement made by Charmaine Donovan, the Chief Executive Officer of the CIU, the processing fees across all the investment options have been reduced with a view to increase the program’s competitiveness when compared to other similar programs in the region.
The fee reductions which came into effect on August 1, 2017 will see processing fees reduced from USD50,000 to USD25, 000 for the National Development Fund (NDF) option for a family of four, with a USD15,000 incremental addition for each dependent after that.
The processing fee for the real estate and business investment option for a family of four has been lowered to US$50, 000, and similar to the NDF option, each additional dependent after that will pay USD15, 000.
The minimum investment amount has not changed – for the NDF option it remains the same at USD200,000 for a family of four, the real estate remains at USD400,00 and the business investment starts at USD$1.5 million.
The Antigua Citizenship by Investment Program is one of the region’s most sought-after as it offers a number of key benefits to citizens:
- The program takes only 3-6 months to complete.
- Citizens can travel to 132 countries visa-free or on arrival including key business hubs such as the UK, Schengen Zone Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Spouse, dependent children up to 25 years and parents above 65 years can be included within the same application.
- No personal income tax, inheritance tax or capital gains tax.
- No tax on global income for non-residents.
- Highly respected higher educational facilities including the American University of Antigua College of Medicine that can open the door to opportunities in the USA.
- Program’s Restricted Countries list guarantees a high level of integrity and international respect for the program.
- The country is the best connected among the Eastern Caribbean states with direct flights from the UK, USA and Europe.
- Antigua and Barbuda is one of the world’s most desirable tourism destinations with a 5-star luxury sailing and resort offering.
- Dual citizenship is allowed.
Want to know more about the benefits of Antigua Citizenship by Investment and check whether it is the best program for you? Call +971 4 554 1449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and our consultants will be very happy to tell you more.