Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment
The Antigua and Barbuda passport is considered as one of the strongest in the Caribbean as it enables its holder visa-free access to some of the leading business hubs in the world, including the UK, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Antigua has a favorable tax system in place with its citizens exempt from paying both capital gains and real estate taxes. As one of the most globally-recognized citizenship by investment agencies, we here at PassPro Immigration Services, offer a quick and hassle-free route to an Antigua citizenship. For more information on the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program, reach out to our immigration consultants today!
Visa free countries
East Caribbean dollars (XCD), tied to USD
Resting along the eastern coastline of the Caribbean Sea, the twin-island nation of Antigua and Barbuda is in every way, a tourist paradise with lush hillsides, thick rainforests, and a breathtaking coastline. Having gained independence from the UK in 1981, the country is currently a member of the United Nations, CARICOM, and the Commonwealth of Nations. Primarily driven by the tourism sector, which contributes nearly 60% of its GDP and 40% of the investments, the country’s economy is one of the strongest among all the Caribbean countries. Antigua and Barbuda is governed by a parliamentary, representative democratic monarchy and follows the Common English Law Model.
About the Antigua Citizenship by Investment Program
Ever since the program was first put forth in 2013, Antigua’s second citizenship program has been a popular choice among eagled-eyed business professionals and high-net-worth individuals. An applicant can obtain citizenship from the country by either investing in real estate, a government authorized business, or by making a non-refundable contribution to help improve the country’s infrastructure. Unlike some of the other citizenship by investment programs, applicants here are not required to either learn about the country’s history or speak their official language. Lastly, applicants are not required to reside in the country during the time of the application process. Currently, a single applicant can gain an Antigua and Barbuda passport by contributing a sum of 147,800 USD.
Subscribe to download digital brochures
Due to its relatively affordable price and quick processing time, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship program has helped the country become one of the most preferred destinations to obtain dual citizenship. The program was first initiated in 2013 as a means to cut down on public debts and stimulate economic growth. Details regarding the program are listed in section 6 of the Citizenship by Investment Regulations, 2014.
General Requirements to Qualify for the Antigua Citizenship Program
Apart from making a sizeable investment within the country, the primary applicant, as per the Antigua citizenship by investment act, has to fulfill certain criteria to get his/her application approved.
- He/She must be at least 18 years of age.
- Should have no criminal records.
- Must confirm his/her investment source.
- Should be of good health.
- Should clear due diligence checks and gain approval.
Dependents who are eligible to receive citizenship along with the principal applicant include:
- Children under the age of 29.
- Parents above the age of 58.
The governing body of Antigua’s citizenship program, Citizen by Investment Unit (CIU), clearly states that each application to the program should be submitted through a government-authorized agent such as PassPro Immigration Services. Listed below is a step-by-step timeline of the application process:
- Prequalification checks of the applicant.
- Preparation of all the necessary documents.
- Payment of due diligence fees, 10% non-refundable government fees, advisory fees, and reservation of property investment fees, if applicable.
- Submission of the citizenship application to the CIU.
- The government vets the application and conducts a thorough due diligence background check on the candidate.
- Citizenship application is approved.
- The real estate investment or government donation is made along with the remaining 90% of the government fees.
- Antigua and Barbuda passport and citizenship certificate are issued to the applicant.
- Remaining payment, if any, is to be made once the passport is delivered.
Antigua Citizenship by Investment Criterion
Contribution to National Development Fund*
Family of 4 (Main applicant + Spouse + 2 Children under 12 yrs)
Real Estate Investment*
Family of 4 (Main applicant + Spouse + 2 Children under 12 yrs)
As mentioned, applicants can pursue three different investment routes to acquire Antigua and Barbuda nationality.
NDF = The National Development Fund was set up to help income-generating public sector projects, encourage innovation among entrepreneurs, and aid charitable organizations within the country. Eligible applicants for the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship are required to donate a one-time contribution of USD 100,00 for a family of four or less. They are also liable to pay an additional USD 30,000 as government processing fees. Prices are subject to change based on the number of dependents and their age. Other administrative fees are applicable.
Real Estate = The real estate investment is one of the most preferred routes to obtaining citizenship and a second passport from the country. Not only will the applicant have his/her property in the region, but he/she can also resell the same after five years. An amount of USD 400,000 or more has to be invested with a government-approved real estate development to qualify under this scheme. Co-applicants are also permitted, provided each of them donates a sum of USD 200,000 each.
Business Investment = The CIU offers two different business investment options to acquire Antigua nationality:
- A single applicant needs to invest at least USD 1,500,000 in a pre-approved business within the country.
- Or, at least two applicants can propose to make a joint investment in a government-approved business with a total investment of USD 5,000,000. Each additional investor will need to contribute atleast USD 400,000 to the venture.
* A Due diligence fee of USD 7,500 is applicable for the principal applicant and their spouse, USD 2,000 for any dependent child between 12-17 years of age and USD 4,000 for any dependent child/parent between 18-28 and 58+ years of age. Kindly contact PassPro Immigration Services for further information on the program or to receive a personalized quote based on the age and number of dependents included in your application.
Benefits of Antigua and Barbuda Passport
Compared with the other Caribbean Citizenship by Investment programs, Antigua’s CBI program is one of the most economic citizenship programs. Listed are some of the other key reasons as to why you should opt for Antigua’s Citizenship by Investment Program.
- A quick and hassle-free application process.
- Visa-free entry to a total of 150 countries.
- The applicant is not required to renounce his/her current nationality to acquire Antigua and Barbuda nationality.
- Over the first five years, citizens are only required to reside in the country for just five days.
- The local currency, Eastern Caribbean Dollar, is pegged to the US Dollar, thereby giving you and your business, financial benefits and security.
- The country does not levy any taxes on global income.
- The program’s restricted countries list guarantees a high level of integrity and international respect; making it an exclusive citizenship program for eligible investors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How “well-connected” is Antigua and Barbuda?
Often referred to as the “heart of the Caribbean,” Antigua and Barbuda is one of the most well-connected islands in the region. The recently opened VC Bird International airport is one of the most modern international airports in the Caribbean Isles and plays host to several major airline carriers.
What is the validity of my passport, and how can it be renewed?
An Antigua and Barbuda passport obtained by investment is valid for a period of 5 years. At the end of the first-term, applicants can further renew their Antigua passport for ten years without any additional charges. The only criterion for Antigua passport renewal is that the applicant must have stayed in the country for a minimum of 5 days along with completing their Oath of Allegiance process upon arriving.
Do Antigua and Barbuda have a tax residency program?
No, Antigua does not provide a tax residency program.
How is the due diligence and vetting process of the applicants conducted?
Although there are no interviews, each applicant undergoes a rigorous screening process. The application, along with other details, is passed on to an unbiased third-party due diligence who’ll conduct the background checks on behalf of the CIU.
Request Call Back
- Single applicant starts from €2.15 million.
- 174 Visa-free countries.
- 6 months to complete.
- Applicant must own a permanent residence in Cyprus worth €500 000 ex. VAT.
- Single applicant starts from $123 810.
- 130 Visa-free countries.
- 4-5 months to complete.
- No restrictions on nationality.
- Single applicant starts from $194 100.
- 150 Visa-free countries.
- 4-5 months to complete.
- Family qualifies under one investment.