Grenada Citizenship by Investment
The Grenada Citizenship by investment program is the ideal choice for investors seeking a fast-track route to a second citizenship. A Grenada passport holder can travel visa-free to more than 130 countries, including major business hubs such as China, Singapore, Russia, Schengen Zone, and the UK. Secondly, Grenada does permit its citizens to hold dual citizenship and also does not impose restrictions on any particular nationality. Grenada Citizenship hopefuls can opt to either make a non-refundable contribution to the NTF or make an investment in a government-approved real estate project within the country. PassPro Immigration Services is an official partner of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Committee (CBIC) and can help aspirants acquire a second passport and citizenship from the country without any hassles. For detailed information about Grenada’s citizenship by investment program or about its cost, contact our team today!
Visa free countries
East Caribbean dollars (XCD), tied to USD
With silky white beaches, exotic wildlife, and picturesque colonial-era architecture, Grenada offers itself as the perfect location to those who seek a change of scenery. As mentioned, the country offers one of the most robust citizenship by investment programs in the Caribbean. Not only does it permit visa-free entry to China, but a Grenada passport holder can also reside and operate a business in the USA upon receiving their E2_visa permit valid for a maximum of 5 years. Grenada follows an open economic system with the service sector, contributing nearly 70% to its GDP. The country is also known across the world as a significant nutmeg and mace exporter. Grenada is governed by representative parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy. The country is a full-time member of several international organizations such as the CARICOM, OECS, UN, and the Commonwealth of Nations.
Subscribe to download digital brochures
In a bid to attract foreign investment, Grenada first launched its citizenship by investment program back in 1997. However, the program was enshrined by law only in 2013 when the Grenadian Parliament passed the ‘Grenada Citizenship by Investment Act, 2013.’ The investment act has been amended several times since its inception, with the current regulations permitting citizens to obtain citizenship from the country in under two months. It should also be noted that in addition to approval from the CBIC, applicants also require validation from the Government of Grenada.
For detailed information visit the official Grenada citizenship by investment government website.
General Requirements to Acquire a Secondary Grenada Passport
In addition to satisfying the necessary investment criterions, there are some requirements that each applicant must fulfill to gain citizenship and a second passport from the country.
- The applicant should be at least 18 years of age.
- Should not have any criminal record against his/her name.
- Should clear the due diligence checks.
- Must be able to confirm his/her investment from legitimate sources.
- Should be of good health.
Following dependents are eligible to acquire second passport and citizenship from Grenada along with the principal applicant:
- Spouse of the applicant.
- Children under the age of 30.
- Parents above the age of 55.
- Unmarried Childless Sibling 18 years old and above.
The Grenada citizenship by investment program caters to high-net-worth individuals who wish to travel and do business across the world without any restrictions. A Grenada passport can also prove fruitful for those individuals who want to optimize their tax liabilities.
- Prequalification check of the applicant and dependents.
- Preparation of all the necessary documentation.
- Reservation of the property or payment of due diligence fees and related fees.
- The application is officially submitted to the Grenadian Citizenship by Investment Committee (CBIC).
- Due diligence and background checks are conducted through an international third-party due diligence service.
- The application is approved.
- The required donation is made to the Government of Grenada through your authorized agent, or the relevant investment through your real estate developer.
- The applicant and his dependents are granted Grenada citizenship and passport.
- All pending fees must be paid upon hand over of passports and citizenship certificates.
Grenada Investment Opportunities
Contribution to National Transformation Fund*
Family of 4 (Main applicant + Spouse + 2 Children under 12 yrs)
Real Estate Investment*
Family of 4 (Main applicant + Spouse + 2 Children under 12 yrs)
Under the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program, applicants can pursue two different investment routes to attain a passport from the country.
NTF = The National Transformation Fund was established in 2013 to help improve the country’s economy. Donating to the NTF is not only the fastest route to acquire Grenadian citizenship, but it also the most affordable of the two available investment options. A single applicant must make a non-refundable contribution of USD 150,000. The required donation increases based on the number of dependents.
Real Estate = The applicant must purchase a real estate property in the country that is worth at least USD 220,000. The property can be put on sale after five years from the initial date of purchase. Applicants are required to pay additional government fees (subject to change based on the dependents) for the approval of their citizenship application.
*All applications and payments to the Grenada citizenship by investment program must be made through a government-authorized agent. PassPro Immigration Services is the industry leader in citizenship by investment programs and can help you with your Grenada second citizenship application. Contact us for details on advisory fees or to receive a personalized quote.
Benefits of Acquiring Grenada Citizenship by Investment
Grenada currently has in place an E-2 Investor Visa Treaty with the US, which enables Grenadians to work and reside in the US without any restrictions. Listed are some of the other significant advantages of becoming a Grenadian national.
- Applicants are not required to be physically present in the country during the time of application.
- Grenada does permit its citizens to hold dual nationality.
- Individuals that acquire Grenada citizenship by investment are not required to live in the country and can remain in their own country of residence.
- Grenada does not levy global income tax from non-residents.
- No language or interview requirements.
- Citizenship rights can be passed on to future generations.
- A Grenada passport is valid for five years and can be renewed thereafter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to submit a separate Grenada Citizenship by Investment application for each family member?
No, this is not necessary. Spouses and dependent children up to 30 years, eligible siblings 18 years and above, along with eligible parents ages 56+ can be included within the same Citizenship by Investment application submitted by the primary applicant.
What makes investing in a Grenada second citizenship legal?
What makes the Grenada citizenship by investment program legal, is the presence of a Constitutional Act that prescribes how an individual can acquire citizenship through investment and ensures the citizenship granted is for life – meaning no one can revoke your citizenship or your Grenada passport even if the government changes in the future. The country’s Constitutional Act explains precisely how the applicant can invest in Grenada citizenship by investment. The second citizenship program requires the investor to apply through an authorized agent and invest in government funds or approved real estate projects, business ventures, or government bonds. The applicant also has to undergo a due diligence check and prove that he has a clean source of funds.
How can I be sure of my real estate investment in Grenada?
Investments can only be made in a Government Approved Real Estate Project. At PassPro Immigration Services, we regularly visit the island and vet projects first-hand so that we can give you sound and current advice on the best projects and reputable developers. We will help check the contracts on your behalf, pick the best units that can be rented or sold after the holding period, and negotiate the best package for your needs.
After I obtain my Grenada passport and citizenship, what resources are available to me for the next steps?
Acquiring second citizenship is not a transaction; we believe it is a lifelong relationship. Our ‘My PassPro’ portal is your online portal for enjoying life as a citizen of a new country. Just sign in and receive access to a host of specialized services, including Grenada immigration and visa updates, consular guidance, assistance opening bank accounts, and lots more.
Request Call Back
- Single applicant starts from $152 800.
- 150 Visa-free countries.
- 4-5 months to complete.
- Family qualifies under one investment.
- Single applicant starts from €2.15 million.
- 174 Visa-free countries.
- 6 months to complete.
- Applicant must own a permanent residence in Cyprus worth €500 000 ex. VAT.
- Single applicant starts from $123 810.
- 130 Visa-free countries.
- 4-5 months to complete.
- No restrictions on nationality.