Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
Introduced in 1984, Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program offers investors and business personnel an opportunity to travel visa-free to more than half the world. Applicants are not required to reside within the country to apply, and the entire process can be fast-tracked in under two months if necessary. Second citizenship hopefuls can pursue two different investment options to acquire St Kitts nationality and thereby acquire a second passport. Through our office in St. Kitts, PassPro Immigration Services has helped many foreign nationals attain citizenship from the country through their citizenship by investment program. With a team that mostly hails from the Caribbean, we've got the experience and expertise to help our clients in their citizenship by investment needs. To learn more about Saint Kitts and Nevis economic citizenship program, get in touch with us today!
Visa free countries
East Caribbean dollars (XCD), tied to USD
Officially termed as the “Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis,” St Kitts and Nevis is a small sovereign island nation located in the West Indies. From cloud-shrouded mountains to pristine sandy shores, this twin-island nation is the perfect get-away destination to enrich your body and mind. The Citizenship by Investment program offered by the country is the oldest and the most popular among all the other Caribbean economic citizenship programs. Similar to other Caribbean countries, the economy of Saint Kitts and Nevis is mostly dependent on the service sector as it makes up more than 70% of its GDP. St Kitts follows a federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy with the Queen of the Commonwealth acting as its head of the state. The country is a participating member of numerous global organizations such as the CARICOM, OAS, UN, and the OECS.
Subscribe to download digital brochures
The laws and regulations relating to St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program are listed in Part II, Section 3(5) of the Citizenship Act, 1984, and the Citizenship by Investment Regulations, 2011. These provisions, along with ensuing amendments, have enabled the government to grant St Kitts and Nevis citizenship and second passport to those individuals who qualify under the set criterions.
For detailed information visit the official Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment government website.
General Requirements to Obtain a St Kitts Passport
Saint Kitts and Nevis investor immigration program does not require the applicant to speak the country’s official language nor study its history. Mentioned below are some of the general criterions that applicants must fulfill to acquire St Kitts and Nevis nationality:
- The Applicant should not have any criminal records against his/her name.
- Should be willing to undergo Due Diligence check.
- Must be able to attest to the legitimate nature of their investment source.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Should be of good health.
Dependents who can acquire a St Kitts and Nevis second passport along with the principal applicant include:
- Children under the age of 18.
- Adult children under the age of 30.
- Parents & grandparents of the principal applicant who are above 55 years of age.
It can take anywhere between 3-6 months to complete the St Kitts Citizenship by Investment application and obtain a passport from the country.
- Signing the contract with PassPro Immigration Services.
- Prequalification checks on the applicant.
- Preparation of all the necessary paperwork with the help of an in-house lawyer.
- Reservation of property within St. Kitts or payment of due diligence and applicable fees.
- Submission of the application to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), the governing body of the country’s economic citizenship program.
- Completion of the due diligence checks.
- Approval of the application.
- The necessary government donation or real estate investment is to be made as per the program requirements.
- Applicant, along with the dependents, are provided with a St Kitts and Nevis citizenship certificate and passport.
- All the final payments are to be cleared once the passport is delivered.
St Kitts and Nevis Investment Options
Contribution to Sustainable Growth Fund*
Family of 4 (Main applicant + Spouse + 2 Children under 12 yrs)
Real Estate Investment*
Family of 4 (Main applicant + Spouse + 2 Children under 12 yrs)
Investors can acquire a second St Kitts passport through three different investment routes.
SIDF = The sugar industry diversification fund was set up by the government as a non-profit foundation to help support former sugar workers in the country and to help improve the industry. St Kitts and Nevis citizenship applicants are required to make a non-refundable donation of USD 250,000 to the SIDF. For a family of up to three members, the required contribution is USD 300,000.
SGF = The sustainable growth fund was an initiative by the government to energize economic growth and strengthen all the industries within the country. A single applicant is required only to contribute USD 150,000 to the fund, while for a family of up to four members, the required contribution is USD 195,000.
Note: Covid-19 has prompted the Government to give Investors a Limited Time Offer (LTO) Option for 6 months to invest USD 150,000 as Donation for a couple application or a family profile having up to 3 dependents. This LTO is valid until January 2021.
Real Estate = The applicant must make a real estate investment worth at least 200,000 up to USD 400,000 with a government-approved property developer. Only properties such as villas and condominium units are considered under this program, and these can be re-sold after five years. Additional purchase and government fees are applicable based on the number of dependents.
*Since 1st January 2017, only government-authorized agents are authorized to promote Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship program. PassPro Immigration Services is an approved agent with the government of Saint Kitts and Nevis and, as such, can streamline the entire process quickly and cost-effectively.
Benefits of Acquiring a Second St Kitts Passport by Investment
By acquiring St Kitts and Nevis nationality, the applicant can reside and work in any of the CARICOM countries without any restrictions. Listed are some of the other advantages that come with a Saint Kitts and Nevis passport:
- Travel visa-free or gain visa-on-arrival access to as many as 150 countries.
- Neither personal tax nor global income tax is levied from its non-residents.
- The country is well-connected to major business hubs across the globe with direct flights available to the UK and the USA.
- Saint Kitts is home to several higher educational facilities of international standards.
- The St Kitts citizenship can be passed onto children who are born after gaining citizenship.
- St Kitts and Nevis does permit its citizens to hold dual nationality.
- St Kitts citizenship does not have any residency requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to submit a separate St Kitts Citizenship by Investment application for each family member?
No, this is not necessary. Spouses and dependent children up to 30 years of age can be included within the same application. You can also add your dependent parents and grandparents who are 55 years and above, along with other eligible dependents who can legally obtain a St Kitts citizenship by investment and a St Kitts passport.
What makes investing in a St Kitts second citizenship legal?
What makes the St Kitts citizenship by investment program legal, is the presence of a Constitutional Act that prescribes how an individual can acquire citizenship through investment and ensures the citizenship granted is for life – meaning no one can revoke your St Kitts and Nevis citizenship or your St Kitts passport even if government changes in the future. The country’s Constitutional Act explains precisely how the applicant can invest in St Kitts citizenship by investment. Most of the Caribbean programs require the investor to apply through an authorized agent and invest in government funds or approved real estate projects, business ventures, or government bonds. The applicant also has to undergo a due diligence check and prove that he has a legitimate source of funds.
How can I be sure of my investment in St Kitts and Nevis real estate?
Investments can only be made in a Government Approved Real Estate Project. At PassPro Immigration Services, we regularly visit the island and vet projects first-hand so that we can give you sound and current advice on the best projects and reputable developers. We will help check the contracts on your behalf, pick the best units that can be rented or sold after the holding period, and negotiate the best package for your needs.
After I obtain my St Kitts and Nevis passport, what resources will be available to me for the next steps?
Acquiring second citizenship is not a transaction; we believe it is a lifelong relationship. Our ‘My PassPro’ portal is your online portal for enjoying life as a citizen of a new country. Just sign in and receive access to a host of specialized services, including St Kitts and Nevis immigration and visa updates, consular guidance, assistance opening bank accounts, and lots more.
Request Call Back
- Single applicant starts from $152 800.
- 150 Visa-free countries.
- 4-5 months to complete.
- Family qualifies under one investment.
- Single applicant starts from €2.15 million.
- 174 Visa-free countries.
- 6 months to complete.
- Applicant must own a permanent residence in Cyprus worth €500 000 ex. VAT.
- Single applicant starts from $123 810.
- 130 Visa-free countries.
- 4-5 months to complete.
- No restrictions on nationality.