Stay updated on the latest news, official updates and other topics of interest to global citizens.
Time to Renew Your Antigua Passport? Here’s What You Need to Know
November 13, 2018 - Antigua and Barbuda
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program first started accepting applications in 2013.
Successful adult applicants are required by law to visit the island for a minimum of 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda within a period of 5 years after having obtained citizenship.
Deprivation of citizenship may occur if this criteria is not fulfilled; in such cases individuals are not entitled to repayment of any investment or contribution made by them in their original application for citizenship. They also will not be able to renew their Antigua passport.
As many of the early investors approach the 5-year mark to renew their passports, trips to the beautiful Caribbean twin-island nation are growing in frequency to fulfil the requirements to secure lifelong citizenship, swear the Oath of Allegiance and secure the right to a lifelong Antigua passport.
But what do citizens need to keep in mind when they visit the island?
1. Make an advance appointment to swear the Oath of Allegiance
Each adult citizen (18 years and above) must swear an oath of allegiance during their visit to the island. (Based on amendments announced in early 2018, dependent minor citizens under the age of 18 years need not visit Antigua and Barbuda for 5 days during the first 5 years. However, upon attaining the age of 18, the residency requirement must be fulfilled as well as the requirement to swear an oath of allegiance.)
PassPro can coordinate the making of the appointment with a local notary public in advance and obtain the necessary documents for signature. Our fee: USD 300 per person for the oath.
For us to assist with the above service, the applicant must sign a letter stating that they don’t owe any money to the Original Agent who processed the Citizenship. You can also obtain a letter from the Original agent stating that you are cleared from any liability with their firm.
2. Who is your local agent and where can you find this information?
Locate your letter from the Government of Antigua and Barbuda which confirms your Citizenship Approval and it will be addressed to your local agent.
Thereafter you can provide a Power of Attorney to PassPro as your new appointed representative agent, and we can thereafter assist you with the Oath and Passport Renewal.
3. Ensure you have the required documents
In order to swear the Oath of Allegiance, you will be asked to present the following documents:
- Copy of hotel confirmation and payment receipt of same
- Copy of airline confirmation and payment receipt of same
- Copy of Antigua and Barbuda Arrival Immigration stamp within the Antigua and Barbuda Passport
- Copy of arrival boarding pass
- Copy of passport bio page
4. What are the procedures undertaken at the time of taking the Oath?
Once your visit is confirmed, we will request the Oath Certificate from the Government Office. Please note that you must make the request at least 2 weeks before you arrive in Antigua. You will have to take the oath before a notary public, at which time the oath documents will be signed and notarized. A copy of the signed and notarized oath as well as all the documents requested above will be submitted to the CIU as evidence of your fulfillment of the minimum five (5) day’s stay requirement.
5. What are the documents required to renew one’s Antiguan passport on expiry?
The following supporting documents must be submitted along with the AB10 Form (PassPro can provide the form), passport application form and required processing fees (USD1,000 per adult and USD500 per child).
- Certified copy of the sworn/affirmed Allegiance (If original was not deposited to the Unit).
- Evidence that the investment has been held for the five (5) year period. (for investments in Real Estate and Business).
- Certified copies of Certificate of title and transfer documents.
- Certified copy of Share Register (for investment in business option).
- Completed passport application forms and photos.
- Certified copy of Birth certificate
- Certified copy of Certificate of Registration
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Old Antigua and Barbuda passport (must be surrendered for cancellation)
Any issue relating to the name of the applicant must be explained in an affidavit.
- Utility Bill for verification of address and any one (1) of the following:
- Household Register
- Lease/Tenancy agreement
- Documents of title
- Confirmation of 5 days stay in the form of any two (2) of the following:
- Entry and exit stamps in the Antigua and Barbuda passport
- Copy of hotel receipt
- Boarding pass
- Confirmation from property management. (If you own the residence)
PassPro can coordinate all the requirements on your behalf. Our team visit the island often and would also be very happy to share their personal recommendations of things to see and do on the island to make the most of your trip to Antigua and Barbuda.
You can find out more about the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by investment program on https://passpro.co/countries/antigua-and-barbuda-citizenship-by-investment/
Or for any further information call +97145541449, email email@example.com or fill in the below form and we will be happy to guide you further on your second citizenship journey.