Worried About Using Your Second Passport for the First Time?
September 18, 2016 - Guide
So you’ve successfully invested in a second passport and it’s time to use it to travel abroad.
It’s natural to feel nervous the first time you use your passport, especially as a Resident in any GCC country, as you need proof of entry and exit.
However, by being well prepared you can ensure your journey is stress and hassle free.
1. If you have not yet transferred your Residency Permit to your new passport, make sure you exit using your original passport as this is what is registered in the official immigration system.
2. At your final destination, enter using your new passport.
3. If your passport is brand new and contains no stamps, immigration officials at your destination country might ask you a few questions. Remember that Economic Citizenship is a legal route to citizenship and answer the official’s questions calmly, confidently and truthfully.
4. It always helps to know as many details about the country whose passport you hold – it is advisable to know basic information such as geographical location, capital city, currency etc. Ensure your spouse and family are also aware and prepared to answer similar questions.
5. Many countries offer dual citizenship so carrying two or more passports is not uncommon. However, always remember to enter and exit any country using the same passport to avoid any issues.
Bon voyage!Have another question about second citizenship? PassPro is a Government Approved agent for the Citizenship by Investment Unit of Antigua and Barbuda and will be happy to provide you with more information. Follow PassPro on LinkedIn, Twitter @PassProNews or Facebook/PassproCitizenship or email [email protected]
September 18, 2016 Commentary
We all know the proverb “saving for a rainy day”. For many Caribbean Islands regularly struck by hurricanes, this is advRead More